Sunday, May 16, 2010

Giving 2nd impressions a chance !

"Tick, tick, tick, hhmmm cross": the rapid mental checklist as one builds the almost instantaneous 1st impression.

While I am a strong believer in instinct and the first sense and feeling one gets almost within 2-3 seconds of being exposed to a voice, photograph, physical acquaintance, or other scenario - I have become equally a supporter of 2nd impressions! Learning how to give a chance to a relationship, business deal or similar bond by investing in a 2nd impression and its sequel, is not always easy to do though. However I have realised that 2nd impressions can be opportunities to 'make' what may have been 'broken' at 1st impression - and in my experience - each time it has been so worth it :)

As I have given a second thought or chance to what initially came across as a right-off, it was as if now I could see the sun-rays reflect off a clean mirror, a mirror that 1st time around someone forgot to/could not dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment